Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yukki
    • Feb 2024

Horror and Humanity in 'The Promised Neverland': A Deep Dive Discussion

Just finished binge-watching 'The Promised Neverland' and wow, I need to talk about it. The blend of horror and humanity in this series is something else. It's not just the suspense or the terrifying concept of kids being farmed, but how it explores the idea of hope, intelligence, and the essence of what it means to be human in the face of absolute despair.

What hits me the most is how smartly it portrays the psychological warfare between the kids and the 'mom'. It's more than just horror; it's a battle of wits, and the way these children strategize and cling to their humanity is both heartbreaking and inspiring.

I feel like the show does a stellar job at making us question what we would do in their shoes, and even makes us reflect on the idea of sacrifice and what it means to fight for a better tomorrow.

Would love to hear what you all think about the horror elements and the depiction of humanity in the show. Did it impact you as much as it did me? How do you think it stands up against other horror anime?
Working...