Unraveling the Layers of Self Worth in A Silent Voice Through Silence and Sound

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roleplay
    • Feb 2024

Unraveling the Layers of Self Worth in A Silent Voice Through Silence and Sound

Man, seeing A Silent Voice dive into the abyss of self worth through its silence and sound hit me like a truck, kinda like that time Shoya literally jumped into the river. What really stands out is the journey of Nishimiya and how her attempts at communication, despite the silence around her, paint such a vivid picture of struggling with self perception. It’s like trying to shout in a room full of noise but no one hears you.

Then there’s the unexpected humor of Yuzuru’s attempts to protect her sister, which often leads to some lighthearted moments amidst the heavy themes. Like when she tries to scare Shoya away but ends up contributing to their friendship. It perfectly balances the gravity of the main storyline with these small bursts of relief.

This exploration raises some big questions about how we value ourselves and others, especially in a society that often prioritizes spoken words over actions or intentions. It’s like A Silent Voice is subtly questioning if we’re listening to the right things.

I’ve got this theory that the movies reliance on both the presence and absence of sound is mirroring how we, as a society, need to find balance in understanding each other not just in what we say, but in what we don’t say. It’s adding layers to the conversation on self worth and communication that I think we’re just beginning to unpack.

Waiting to see how this discussion evolves is like being on the edge of my seat at a silent concert where the next note could change everything. Wondering what everyone else thinks or if you’ve got your own theory brewing on what A Silent Voice tells us about finding our voices in the silence?
Working...