Exploring the Impact of Time on Friendship in Anohana – Do Bonds Truly Last Forever?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nao
    • Feb 2024

Exploring the Impact of Time on Friendship in Anohana – Do Bonds Truly Last Forever?

Ever noticed how a microwaved burrito can either be ice cold or lava hot, but never just right? Thats how I felt rewatching Anohana recently, especially considering how time affects the bonds of friendship shown in the series. It’s amazing how the characters evolve, pulling at the heartstrings in ways that remind me of my own friendships that have faced the test of time.

Poppo’s random moments of comic relief amidst the intense emotional journey struck me as the perfect metaphor for how friendships have their ups and downs, yet the core bond remains unchanged. It’s like he’s the microwave settings to the emotional burrito sometimes too much, sometimes not enough, but always there.

Thinking about the broader implication, Anohana beautifully captures the essence of temporal impact on relationships. It begs the question Are the friendships formed during our formative years as unbreakable as the show suggests, or do they inevitably fade as time moves on?

I have a theory that the series not only explores the lasting nature of friendships but also subtly hints at the idea of closure being a necessary step for growth. Much like the characters, we too need to face our past to move forward.

Can’t help but wonder what new revelations a future rewatch might unveil, kind of like anticipating the next bite of a burrito, hoping it’s just the right temperature. What do you guys think? Any particular moments in Anohana hit differently or gave you new insights on friendship over time?
Working...