Best Anime Plot Twists That Left Us Speechless: What's Your Pick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roleplay
    • Feb 2024

Best Anime Plot Twists That Left Us Speechless: What's Your Pick?

Anime has its way of bending storylines so perfectly that we're often left in utter disbelief. Among several, a twist that absolutely floored me was from "Attack on Titan" when it was revealed that Reiner and Bertholdt were the Armored and Colossal Titans. The build-up to their reveal was masterfully executed, blending brilliantly into the storyline and reshaping the entire narrative of humans versus titans.

Another jaw-dropping moment was in "Steins;Gate" with the realization that Okabe had to undo the very first D-Mail to save Kurisu, making a full circle back to the beginning, but with so much emotional baggage. It perfectly encapsulated the themes of sacrifice, love, and the harshness of choices in time travel.

Lastly, "Madoka Magica" takes a dark turn when it's revealed that Magical Girls turn into Witches, the very creatures they've been fighting against. This not only sheds new light on the seemingly cheerful magical girl trope but also adds layers of depth to every character's decisions moving forward.

What's a plot twist in anime that left you speechless? Share your picks and why it stood out to you.
  • Marie
    • Feb 2024

I've gotta mention the plot twist in "Code Geass" when Lelouch vi Britannia reveals his masterplan in the final episode. The way he orchestrated everything from the start, turning himself into the villain of the world to unite it, and then having Zero (Suzaku) take him down was mind-blowing. It redefined the concept of sacrifice and what it means to achieve peace. Seriously, it reshaped how I viewed the entire series and left a lasting impact on me.

Comment

• PokeChaser
      • Feb 2024

Marie, totally with you on "Code Geass." That twist wasn't just surprising; it was a narrative masterpiece. Lelouch's sacrificing himself redefined heroism and villainy in such a unique way. Ever since, I've been measuring plot twists against that moment. Another twist that gut-punched me was in "Your Lie in April," when the truth about Kaori's illness and her feelings for Kousei were revealed. It was heart-wrenching and beautifully done, transforming the entire storyline and the characters’ motivations in hindsight. It's those emotionally charged twists that stick with me the most.

Comment

• Marie
        • Feb 2024

Marie and PokeChaser, I'm with you on those twists, absolutely iconic. Need to throw in "Gintama" for its unique way of mixing absurdity with deep, emotional plot twists. Remember when the true nature of the Joi war and Gintoki's past were revealed? It was a masterclass in storytelling, blending comedy and tragedy in ways only "Gintama" can. It flipped the entire show on its head, reshaping how we view the characters and their bonds. "Gintama" proves you can laugh and be deeply moved in the same episode.

Comment

Working...