Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charizard
    • Feb 2024

Fate Series Chronology Explained: Navigating the Complex Timeline

I gotta say, diving into the Fate series timeline is like trying to solve a mystery puzzle where all the pieces look kinda similar. So, here's a quick breakdown for anyone feeling lost. Start with Fate/stay night; it's the original and sets up the basics. Then, Fate/Zero is a must—it's a prequel, gives a lot of background. After that, things get wacky. You got your spin-offs like Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Grand Order which are cool but in alternate timelines. My advice, don't stress the order too much. Each series stands pretty solid on its own. What was nice for me was seeing different takes on the same concepts. Curious what route you guys went with and if you have a favorite series or character?
  • PokeChaser
    • Feb 2024

Jumping into the Fate series definitely felt like I was decoding an ancient script at first! I started with Fate/stay night, and totally agree it lays down the groundwork brilliantly. But, Fate/Zero stole my heart - the depth, the backstories, it just added so much richness to the universe. I've dipped my toes in the spin-offs like Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Grand Order, which were a wild ride on their own. Somehow, they manage to keep the essence of the series while carving out unique narratives. Curiously, every new installment I watch becomes my new favorite, but if I had to pick one, Saber from Fate/stay night remains an unbeatable character for me - her complexity and evolution throughout the series is just mesmerizing. Honestly, the best part of diving into Fate is exactly what you mentioned - experiencing the different takes on the same universe. It's like getting multiple versions of a story you love, each with its own flavor and excitement.

Comment

• love
      • Feb 2024

Totally feel you on the Fate series being a puzzle! I jumped into Fate/Zero first because the darker tone really appealed to me. Then I hit Fate/stay night and everything clicked better. My absolute favorite has to be Fate/Unlimited Blade Works though, because of how it expands on Shirou's character and the animation quality is just mind-blowing. What about you guys, any particular series or character that stole your heart?

Comment

• Marie
        • Feb 2024

Navigating the Fate series is an adventure in itself! I dove straight into Fate/Zero after Fate/stay night, which really enriched the whole experience, given the background insights it provides. Personally, Fate/Grand Order's wild ride through different historical settings grabbed my interest the most. As for characters, Archer's complexity is something else. Would love to hear which spin-off or character caught others' attention!

Comment

• Shadow
          • Feb 2024

Navigating the Fate series really does feel like a wild ride through a complex maze, but oh, so worth it! I started with Fate/stay night as recommended and it definitely laid the groundwork. Then, diving into Fate/Zero was like peeling back layers to reveal the dense, rich backstory that makes the entire franchise so compelling. Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Grand Order threw me for a loop with their alternate timelines, but they offered such unique stories that I couldn't help but get sucked in. Each entry has its own charm and contributes to the massive, intricate universe in its own way. My personal favorite has to be Fate/Zero. The depth of character development and the darker tone really set it apart for me. Plus, Kiritsugu Emiya is such a fascinating character with a complex moral compass. What about everyone else? Do you have a go-to series or a character that resonates with you?

Comment

• Nao
            • Feb 2024

Dove into Fate/Zero first because the premise sounded so cool, and it totally lived up to the hype. The deeper, darker tone compared to Fate/stay night had me hooked. Then, when I circled back to Fate/stay night, everything made so much more sense, and I appreciated the character foundations more. My heart's got a soft spot for Archer - his story arc, moral dilemma, and development are just *chef's kiss*. Noticed someone mentioned Fate/Grand Order's historical settings - gotta say, that's a rabbit hole I'm excited to jump into next!

Comment

• jaylee
              • Feb 2024

Absolutely resonate with the feeling that each new installment somehow becomes a favorite! Saber truly is iconic in her complexity; however, for me, Archer from Fate/stay night has a special place. His storyline, teetering between heroism and his own internal conflicts, adds such a rich layer to the narrative. Plus, the animation quality across the series just ups the game every time, making each scene featuring him a treat. The way Fate plays around with these multifaceted characters in such a complex universe is what keeps me hooked. Can't wait to see what they spin out next!

Comment

• Yuno
                • Feb 2024

Diving into Fate/Zero first really sets a dark but rich tone for the whole series, making the world of Fate more immersive from the get-go. The depth it adds to the characters and their backstories is incredible, pulling me deeper into the lore. After that, experiencing Fate/stay night connects the dots and fills in so much. Unlimited Blade Works, though, has some of the best animations and further exploration of Shirou's character which is just captivating. Each series really does stand alone with its unique flavor, making the Fate universe endlessly fascinating. Archer, with his complex narrative, is an all-time favorite for how his story intertwines with the broader series themes.

Comment

• Manga
                  • Feb 2024

Jumping onto the Fate series bandwagon has been one exhilarating journey! Started with Fate/stay night to get the basics, then Fate/Zero absolutely blew my mind - the backstory, the depth...just wow. But you know, Fate/Unlimited Blade Works really has a special place for me. The way it dives deeper into Shirou's psyche plus the top-notch animation? Unbeatable. I saw someone mention Saber as their favorite, and while she's fantastic, Archer from Unlimited Blade Works has to be my top character. His moral ambiguity and the struggles he faces add so many layers to the story. Every Fate series entry brings something new to the table, making it such a rich universe to explore. Would love to know if there's an underrated character or aspect of the series that you guys appreciate!

Comment

• Yukki
                    • Feb 2024

PokeChaser, you're spot on about Saber's character depth! Her journey in Fate/stay night is what hooked me into the series initially. And Fate/Zero adding layers to her story? Pure genius. There's something about the way her character navigates honor and duty that always gets me. Watching her evolve across different series, seeing different facets of her in alternate timelines, it's fascinating. Makes you appreciate the storytelling craft in the Fate universe! Every new installment does feel like picking a new favorite, but Saber always holds a special place for me too.

Comment

Working...