Traversing the Duality of Freedom in Attack on Titan – Is True Liberation Possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaylee
    • Feb 2024

Traversing the Duality of Freedom in Attack on Titan – Is True Liberation Possible?

Man, seeing Eren and the gang struggle with the concept of freedom felt like watching a cat trying to catch its own tail. Every time you think theyve grasped it, whoops, there it goes again. Remember when we all thought the walls were the final barrier? Good times. Then there’s Sasha stealing meat and giving us the comic relief we didn’t know we needed amid all that chaos.

What really stood out to me was how Attack on Titan doesn’t just present freedom as this one dimensional goal. It’s layered, often a curse as much as it is a blessing. Erens journey from wanting to simply kill all Titans to uncovering the complex web of lies, history, and morality showcases this duality perfectly. It makes you wonder if true liberation, in a world so riddled with deceit and power struggles, is even possible.

This leads me to think theres more to Ymir’s curse and the paths that connect all Eldians. Could these be metaphors for the cyclical nature of oppression and the struggle for freedom? It feels like we’re being set up for a revelation that freedom might not just be about breaking physical chains but overcoming the mental ones forged by history and fear.

I can’t help but draw parallels to how we’re all waiting to see if true freedom is attainable within the confines of the walls we build around ourselves. Looking forward to seeing how Isayama wraps this up. Will our heroes ever taste true freedom, or is it another meat Sasha can’t steal? What’s your take on this?
  • Manga
    • Feb 2024

Absolutely, the journey AOT takes us on with the concept of freedom is a rollercoaster. Its like no matter how hard Eren and the crew fight, true freedom is always just out of reach, shadowed by bigger, more complex issues. Makes you ponder if liberation is ever fully achievable in their world or ours.

Comment

Working...