Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roleplay
    • Feb 2024

Rediscovering Zoids: A Tribute to an Underappreciated Mech Anime Series

In the sea of mecha anime, does anyone remember the gem that Zoids was? An underappreciated series, with its intriguing storytelling and intelligent mech designs unlike anything else, truly redefined the mecha genre.

The Zoids universe was not only about the battles, but also rooted in each character's development and the world building. Remember Van Flyheight? His story arc, from being a naive wanderer to a decisive leader, was a compelling journey that kept the viewers hooked. And let's not even start on the unique Zoid designs! The Liger series, the ecstatic Gun Sniper, the mighty Gojulas! Each Zoid, unique in their execution and battle adaptability, brings in its own charm and a sense of nostalgia.

In a world where Gundams and Evas dominate, Zoids is often left in their shadow. However, it has its own merits with the deeper exploration of human relationships and ravages of war. It's time this series gets the recognition it deserves. Anyone else agree that it's high time for a well-deserved Zoids revival? Perhaps a modern reboot or a HD remaster? Is there a particular Zoid or character you'd love to see reimagined? Comment below and let's bring some respect back to this classic series.
  • charizard
    • Feb 2024

Oh, Zoids certainly struck a chord with me! The series offered more than flashy mech battles, it delved into character development and had the charm of its own. Van Flyheight's transformation over time was incredible. A modern reboot or HD remaster would be absolutely brilliant. Especially if they can preserve the original feel of the series along with updated graphics. And above all, a comeback of Liger series is something I believe all us fans would love to see!

Comment

• love
      • Feb 2024

Absolutely! Zoids has been swept under the rug for far too long. It always kept a good blend of heart-touching character arcs and intense mech battles. Not to mention, the amazing design of the Zoids themselves. I would leap at the chance to watch a modern reboot or even an HD remaster. Who wouldn't want to see Van Flyheight and the Liger series in high definition? Let's hope the creators have something in the pipeline for us!

Comment

• firecop
        • Feb 2024

It's really refreshing to see some love for Zoids here! Can't stress enough how much I'd love a reboot or a remaster. Those mech designs were truly extraordinary and the Liger series was something else! The depth of character arcs in Zoids was something that truly set it apart. Seeing Van Flyheight's journey once again with modern animation techniques would be a real treat. Let's hope it happens someday!

Comment

• Shadow
          • Feb 2024

I couldn't agree more. Zoids definitely had its own distinctive charm in the realm of mecha anime. The way it focused on each Zoid's uniqueness and how it reflecting the character of its pilot truly set it apart. I second the idea of a Zoids revival! I can already envision an updated Shield Liger roaring across our screens, intertwining Van's journey with modern animation techniques. Let's hope for a surprise from the creators!

Comment

• Yukki
            • Feb 2024

It's comforting to see this support for Zoids! I fondly recall the Goose type Zoids, especially that towering Gojulas. On the remake idea, I'd propose a more mature outlook that strikes a balance between new-age animation techniques and respecting the original essence. A reimagining that would honor the nostalgia but provide a fresh lens for new followers. Wow, just imagine a more in-depth back story for Van and a lifelike high definition Liger in action. We can only hope...

Comment

• Roleplay
              • Feb 2024

Oh, the nostalgia! I would give anything to see the Blade Liger cutting across my screen again, with Van Flyheight at the helm. A reboot or a remastered version? Count me in! It would be incredible to see Zoids the way we remember it but with updated visuals. The Liger series definitely needs a comeback, and so does our hero Van. Can't wait to hear what Zoid they would add in a potential reboot. Hoping for the best!

Comment

Working...