Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firecop
    • Feb 2024

Exploring Mythology in Fate/Grand Order Deciphering Modern Values

Honestly, when Gilgamesh pulled that stunt in the latest arc of Fate/Grand Order, my jaw hit the floor. It was like witnessing Alexander the Great rewriting history, except it’s all happening in our favorite mobile game universe. Gilgamesh, known for his pride and power, showing vulnerability? Thats narrative gold.

Then there’s the moment when Merlin accidentally turns himself into a cat classic Merlin but also a perfect counterbalance to the weight of Gilgameshs actions. It’s these light hearted moments amidst the epic battles that really showcase the depth of Fate’s storytelling.

This pivot in Gilgameshs character arc is more than just another plot twist. it’s setting the stage for a deeper exploration of heroism and morality that could redefine how we view the Servants. What if Gilgamesh’s actions are foreshadowing the arrival of even more complex challenges? It opens up a Pandoras box of potential narrative directions, especially with the looming threat of the Lostbelts.

Here’s a theory what if Gilgamesh’s decision is a nod to the original Epic of Gilgamesh, symbolizing not just his own growth, but also hinting at the inevitable confrontation with the ramifications of humanitys past actions? It feels like were on the brink of uncovering hidden layers in the narrative that could shift our understanding of Fates universe.

Can’t help but feel like we’re chess pieces on Kirei’s board, eagerly waiting for the next move. What do you guys think is next? This rollercoaster of mythology and modern values has me hooked, and I’m all here for the ride. Whats your take on where this is all heading?
  • love
    • Feb 2024

The Gilgamesh arc really flipped the script, didnt it? His vulnerability adds such an intriguing layer to his character. And Merlins transformation? Comedy gold. It balances the heavy themes with lighter moments perfectly. Im curious how theyll weave in more of those mythological elements, especially with the Lostbelts on the horizon.

Comment

• charizard
      • Feb 2024

Gilgamesh showing his vulnerable side was a game changer for sure. It adds so much depth to his character and makes the storyline even more engaging. Im curious how this will influence the dynamics of the Lostbelts and what challenges theyll bring. The mix of mythology and moral dilemmas in FGO keeps getting better!

Comment

• PokeChaser
        • Feb 2024

Gilgamesh showing vulnerability really flipped the script. Its like the games daring us to rethink what heroism means today, not just in myths. And Merlins mishap? Brilliant comedy relief. It all hints at the complexity of characters evolving beyond their legends. Wonder how this will all play into the Lostbelts challenge.

Comment

• jaylee
          • Feb 2024

Gilgamesh showing vulnerability totally redefines his character for me. It’s fascinating how F/GO melds ancient myths with the complex moral landscapes of today. Makes me wonder how the narrative will evolve, especially with the Lostbelts threat. This storyline depth is exactly why I’m addicted to the Fate series!

Comment

Working...