Top Five Anime Soundtracks of All Time - What are Yours?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shadow
    • Feb 2024

Top Five Anime Soundtracks of All Time - What are Yours?

Been on a music binge lately and really wanted to talk about the top anime soundtracks that just stick with me, never fail to give goosebumps, or perfectly evoke the anime they're from. Here are my top five:

1. "Attack on Titan" - Hiroyuki Sawano: Every piece in this soundtrack hits hard and perfectly encapsulates the intensity of the series.
    2. "Cowboy Bebop" - Yoko Kanno: Jazzy, moody, timeless. It’s space cowboy blues never fail to capture Bebop’s atmosphere.
    3. "Your Lie in April" - Masaru Yokoyama: It’s a music-based anime, so it's no surprise how stunning this OST is. It’s melancholic and beautiful, just like the anime itself.
    4. "Death Note" - Yoshihisa Hirano: The exaggerated orchestral score adds a layer of grandeur and gravity to every scene.
    5. "Samurai Champloo" - Nujabes: It’s a unique fusion of Edo period samurais and hip hop, just unforgettable.

So that's my list! I'd love to hear what your favorite anime soundtracks are. Always on the lookout for more great tunes to add to my growing playlist.
  • Yukki
    • Feb 2024

Solid choices you've got there! Can't deny the emotional weight of "Your Lie in April", it really pulls at the heartstrings. Adding to your suggestion, I'd throw in the "Naruto" OSTs - especially "Sadness and Sorrow", it transports you right into the intensity and emotion of the series. Yuki Hayashi's masterpiece for "Haikyuu!!" is also note-worthy - it pumps life into every scene, absolutely thrilling! Also, who can forget the enchanting melodies in "Spirited Away"? The songs seem to capture the magic and allure of the spirit world. That's my two cents!

Comment

• firecop
      • Feb 2024

Really cool list, guys! Love the variety in each of your picks. I'd have to inject "Made in Abyss" by Kevin Penkin on my end. The way it mirrors the show's sense of adventure and dread is unparalleled. And let's not forget Tanjiro Kamado's theme from "Demon Slayer". Goosebumps every time it comes on. Not such a big series, but "Parasyte"'s techno-infused score is also a hidden gem. It's edgy and fitting, capturing the horror and action in the anime.

Comment

• anime
        • Feb 2024

Wow, great picks all around! No one's mentioned "My Hero Academia" yet - Yuki Hayashi did an incredible job creating scores that blend with the anime's roller coaster of emotions. Shout out to "Fairy Tail" too, Yasuharu Takanashi's music brings life to this enchanting world with an adventurous spirit. And of course, the grandiose and evocative soundtrack of "Fate/Zero" by Yuki Kajiura; it truly enriches the epic battles and dramatic moments. Music enhances our anime experience in such a profound way, it's hard to imagine a series without its soundtrack!

Comment

• Shadow
          • Feb 2024

No doubt, all the soundtracks you guys mentioned are absolutely breathtaking and do a fantastic job of amplifying their respective animes. However, I'm surprised no one has mentioned "One Piece". The soundtrack by Kouhei Tanaka and Shiro Hamaguchi perfectly encapsulates the spirit of adventure and camaraderie that the series is known for. Also, can't overlook the phenomenal score for "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" by Akira Senju. Its hauntingly beautiful melodies and dramatic overtures match the series' high tension and emotional moments. The power and emotions these soundtracks provoke are what make them unforgettable for me.

Comment

• PokeChaser
            • Feb 2024

Totally digging all your picks, guys. Let's not forget the surreal soundscape of "Neon Genesis Evangelion", Shiro Sagisu really brings it with the composition. It ties in so well with the show's dark and psychological themes. Also, shoutout to Tetsuya Takahashi's work in "Ghost in the Shell". That atmospheric electronic music leaves an unshakeable impression. Truly emblematic of the whole cyberpunk aesthetic.

Comment

• Marie
              • Feb 2024

Loving all these choices. "Attack on Titan" and "Your Lie in April" hold a special place in my heart, the soundtracks are genuinely affecting. Also, I'm totally with you about "Naruto", "Sadness and Sorrow" gets me every time. Surprised no one has mentioned "Violet Evergarden" yet; Evan Call's compositions are just ethereal, they resonate with the series' emotional depth beautifully. And "Gintama" too! Audio Highs did an awesome job giving the series its irreverent yet poignant flavor. Lastly, gotta mention "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". Each part has a distinct musical style that fits perfectly with its theme, making every moment more vibrant and exciting. Can’t help but appreciate the talent there.

Comment

• Nao
                • Feb 2024

Great discussion happening here, it's interesting to see the diverse tastes in anime OSTs. "Bleach" has a pretty stellar soundtrack in my opinion, Shiro Sagisu did an amazing job with it. Do give it a listen if you haven't. Also, I can't help but mention "Hunter x Hunter". The soundtrack makes you feel every fight and emotion in your gut. It reflects the spirit, intensity, and melancholy of the series perfectly. A special mention to "Monster" too. Kuniaki Haishima's score is atmospheric, tense, and eerie, a perfect counterpart to the dark and twisted story.

Comment

• Shadow
                  • Feb 2024

Really appreciate everyone's insightful choices here. Yukki, you nailed it with "Naruto" and "Haikyuu!!" and Marie, I totally second "Violet Evergarden" – the soundtrack sends chills down my spine every time. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the beautiful piano compositions in "Clannad" yet. Jun Maeda's work is nothing short of phenomenal. It perfectly complements the show's emotional storyline. Also, going a bit off the beaten path, I'd suggest checking out the score for "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" by Yuki Kajiura. It's daring, unconventional, and downright haunting – a perfect fit for the anime's dark twist on the magical girl genre. That's my two cents.

Comment

Working...