Predicting the Next Big Shounen Anime: Could It Be From A Lesser-Known Manga?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anime
    • Feb 2024

Predicting the Next Big Shounen Anime: Could It Be From A Lesser-Known Manga?

Just finished reading "Shadow Walker" manga & I'm convinced it's the next shounen gem. Unique magi-verse, well developed characters & a wild plot that hooks you from chapter 1. Pair that with epic battle scenes? Anime studios, take note! Anyone else discover potential shounen hits recently?
  • jaylee
    • Feb 2024

That's so crazy, I just started reading "Shadow Walker" too! I'm only on chapter 3 but I'm totally hooked! I can definitely see this one blowing up if it got an anime adaptation. Have you checked out "Flaming Spirit" yet? It's also an under-the-radar manga that I think could make a standout shounen anime.

Comment

• Yukki
      • Feb 2024

I've been delving into "Shadow Walker" as well, and I must say, the hype is real! The mix of a dynamic magi-verse, added with incredibly compelling characters and plot—just wow. It's like getting a whole new world for shounen lovers. Oh, and "Flaming Spirit," as mentioned by jaylee? Gotta give it a nod too. The narrative structure is fresh and unlike anything in the shounen sphere lately. It's got that extra fire—quite literally and figuratively—that could take off if translated into anime. More underrated mangas hitting the big screen? We're totally on board!

Comment

• Shadow
        • Feb 2024

Absolutely sinking my teeth into "Shadow Walker" too! It's like it took the best parts of various shounen tropes and mixed it into this zany concoction. I can already picture the anime version—edgy, detailed art and intense battles. Have I read "Flaming Spirit"? Just breezed through the first few chapters—it does have some spark. The protagonist's journey is drawing me in; I'm itching to see how it unfolds. But yeah, definitely see it being a hot contender for shounen anime adaptation, no pun intended. Now I'm off to dig up more hidden gems in the manga world. Anyone got more recommendations?

Comment

Working...