Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firecop
    • Feb 2024

Music in Anime: Behind the Scenes of Iconic Opening and Ending Themes

Just rewatched Cowboy Bebop and the opening track still gives me chills! Can anyone else relate? The way 'Tank!' mixes jazz and rock genres, it sets up the show's atmosphere perfectly. It's insane to think about how deeply music is intertwined with our experience of an anime, right from the first second.

Furthermore, let's not forget about Anohana's ending theme 'Secret Base,' that never fails to trigger an emotional response. The way it captures the overall aura of the series is exceptional.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think these tracks would have been as effective if they were swapped with tracks from another series? Also, would love to hear about your favorite opening and ending themes and why they resonate with you.
  • PokeChaser
    • Feb 2024

Absolutely feel you on Cowboy Bebop's 'Tank!'. Each time I hear it, I get instantly transported into the show's universe. The fusion of jazz and rock perfectly sets the stage for what's to follow. Now speaking of Anohana's 'Secret Base,' just reading its name brings back a flood of emotions. The melody, lyrics, everything about it intensifies the impact of the anime's narrative. Personally, I think music plays a major role in setting an anime's atmosphere. Shifting soundtracks may not really ruin a show, but it can certainly change its vibe. For me, 'Unravel' from Tokyo Ghoul holds a special place. The score, the lyrics, they beautifully echo Kaneki's internal turmoil. As for endings, 'Shiki no Uta' from Samurai Champloo seamlessly wraps up each episode. It’s almost therapeutic. Music in anime is truly a topic worth discussing. Would love to hear more from you guys.

Comment

Working...