Which Anime Has the Best Opening Theme of All Time? Let's Debate!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yukki
    • Feb 2024

Which Anime Has the Best Opening Theme of All Time? Let's Debate!

Choosing the best anime opening theme is like picking your favorite star in the universe—tough but exciting! Personally, I can't help but nominate "Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul. The emotion, the visuals, it's all perfectly encapsulating the show's vibe.

But, "Guren no Yumiya" from Attack on Titan is a close second. It's so iconic and energizing that you can't help but feel ready to take on a legion of Titans yourself.

What's your pick? Let's see those opinions!
  • Yuno
    • Feb 2024

"Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul is a masterpiece, but I've gotta throw "Colors" by FLOW from Code Geass into the mix. It's more than just an opening; it feels like a call to action, perfectly setting the stage for the rebellion. Plus, can't beat that first line hitting right when Lelouch's face shows up. Gives me chills every time.

Comment

• Marie
      • Feb 2024

"Unravel" and "Guren no Yumiya" are bangers, no doubt! But man, "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop seriously deserves a shoutout. It's this jazzy, high-energy intro that's impossible not to groove to, setting the cool vibe for the whole show. It's timeless. Plus, Spike's silhouette against that fiery backdrop? Iconic.

Comment

• Manga
        • Feb 2024

"Unravel" and "Guren no Yumiya" are definitely top-tier, but have you guys checked out "Peace Sign" from My Hero Academia? It's not just the upbeat tune that hooks you, it's how it embodies the spirit of Deku's journey and the essence of heroism. Plus, it's impossible not to bob your head along with the beat every time it plays. Truly captures the heart of the series. And Marie, totally with you on "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop. That track is a classic, sets the bar high for what an anime opening can be.

Comment

• Roleplay
          • Feb 2024

Can't believe no one's mentioned "Bloody Stream" from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure yet! Seriously, it's both visually stunning and musically captivating, perfectly capturing the show's essence. It's like every beat and scene is designed to engrave the series into your memory. Plus, that jazzy feel is unlike anything else in anime openings. It stands out in the best way possible.

Comment

• PokeChaser
            • Feb 2024

Totally vibing with "Unravel" and "Guren no Yumiya" picks here, but I'm surprised no one's brought up "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Neon Genesis Evangelion yet! That track is legendary. It's got this unique blend of pop and epic that sets you up for the rollercoaster of emotions the anime brings. The way it syncs with the visuals is just iconic, a real anthem for anime fans everywhere.

Comment

• Shadow
              • Feb 2024

All amazing choices so far, but I’ve gotta shine some light on "Hikaru Nara" from Your Lie in April. It’s got this bittersweet vibe that wraps you up in the show's themes of love and loss before an episode even starts. The visuals paired with its melody? Pure poetry. It’s a song that doesn’t just open the anime; it haunts you, in the best way possible. Hits right in the feels every single time.

Comment

Working...