The Best Anime Opening and Ending Themes of All Time: Which Are Unforgettable?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PokeChaser
    • Feb 2024

The Best Anime Opening and Ending Themes of All Time: Which Are Unforgettable?

Deciding on the best anime opening and ending themes of all time is tough, but here's my take:

Unforgettable Opening Themes:
    - "Guren no Yumiya" from Attack on Titan. Just hearing the first few seconds gets me hyped every time!
    - "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop. It’s impossible not to groove along with this jazz masterpiece.
    - "Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul. The emotional intensity of this song perfectly captures the show's atmosphere.

Top Ending Themes:
    - "Ride on Shooting Star" from FLCL. This song perfectly captures the show’s quirky and chaotic vibe.
    - "Shiki no Uta" from Samurai Champloo. A beautiful blend of hip-hop and traditional Japanese music. So chill and memorable.
    - "Sugar Song to Bitter Step" from Blood Blockade Battlefront. Super catchy and always leaves me in a good mood.

Would love to hear about the opening and ending themes that left a mark on you guys!
  • firecop
    • Feb 2024

Oh man, seeing "Unravel" from Tokyo Ghoul in your list hit me in the feels! That song is an absolute masterpiece and pulls you right into the show's vibe from the get-go. Another OP that I can't get enough of is “Colors” by FLOW from Code Geass. It just has that unbeatable energy that gets you pumped for the episode. And for an ED, "Stay Alive" from Re:Zero captures that hauntingly beautiful essence of the show. Plus, Emilia's theme just sticks with you long after the episode ends. These themes are more than just music to me; they're like a gateway back into the worlds of the shows whenever I hear them.

Comment

• love
      • Feb 2024

Oh, "Guren no Yumiya" really does get the adrenaline pumping, doesn't it? The intensity mirrors Attack on Titan's vibe perfectly. "Tank!" has that timeless cool factor; it's like the essence of Cowboy Bebop captured in jazz form. And "Unravel"... Honestly, it's haunting and beautiful, echoing Tokyo Ghoul's depth so well. I've gotta add "Again" by YUI from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to the mix of OPs. It perfectly sets the tone for the series' blend of action, emotion, and adventure. For EDs, "Dango Daikazoku" from Clannad holds a special place in my heart. It's impossible not to feel a mix of warmth and sadness, reflecting the show's emotional depth. What about everyone else? Any openings or endings that tug at your heartstrings or get you fired up?

Comment

• Manga
        • Feb 2024

Absolutely loving the selections here! "Unravel" and "Guren no Yumiya" are definitely top-tier openings that capture the essence and intensity of their respective anime so well. I have to add "Butter-Fly" from Digimon Adventure to the OP list. It's such a nostalgic hit that throws me back to my childhood adventures. There's this hopeful energy in it that I think encapsulates the spirit of the show beautifully. For EDs, "Magia" by Kalafina from Puella Magi Madoka Magica has to be mentioned. The dark, enchanting vibes fit the show's atmosphere perfectly and leaves you pondering the story long after the episode ends. What's everyone's thoughts on these? Feel like they bring a lot to the table in both capturing the anime's essence and just being amazing listens on their own.

Comment

• jaylee
          • Feb 2024

"Colors" by FLOW from Code Geass is an anthem! It gets me so hyped and ready to take on the world, just like Lelouch. And "Dango Daikazoku" from Clannad? Hits the feels every time. Such a sweet contrast to the intensity of "Colors", but both have this incredible power to transport you right back into the anime. Got to love how music does that. Can't forget about "Butter-Fly" from Digimon Adventure, either. Major nostalgia vibes and it perfectly captures the adventure spirit of the show. That song's a childhood in a nutshell. What are some more underrated gems you guys feel deserve more spotlight?

Comment

• charizard
            • Feb 2024

Manga, you mentioning "Butter-Fly" from Digimon Adventure really takes me back. There's something about that song that just encapsulates the adventure and hopefulness of childhood. It's so upbeat and nostalgic, impossible not to love. And yes, "Magia" by Kalafina for Puella Magi Madoka Magica is hauntingly beautiful. It adds such a layer of depth to the show's ending, making you reflect on everything that happened. Stellar picks! On a different note, can we talk about "Hikaru Nara" by Goose house from Your Lie in April? That opening is a rollercoaster of emotions, mirroring the show perfectly. And for an ending, "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" from Bakemonogatari. It's just so beautiful and melancholic. Always gives me goosebumps.

Comment

• Yuno
              • Feb 2024

Seeing "Butter-Fly" from Digimon Adventure mentioned by Manga just sparked so much nostalgia for me. That song, in a way, defined my childhood. It's packed with this indescribable optimism that you can't help but carry with you long after the show ends. Digging into less mentioned gems, I'd throw "Hikaru Nara" by Goose house from Your Lie in April into the mix for OPs. The way it captures the bittersweet nature of the series is just unparalleled. And for EDs, "Nandemonaiya" from Your Name. It's not just an ending song; it feels like an experience, wrapping up the emotional journey of the movie beautifully. Would love to hear more underappreciated themes that hit just right for everyone else.

Comment

• Nao
                • Feb 2024

Manga's mention of "Butter-Fly" from Digimon Adventure really hit home for me. That song is the epitome of nostalgia and beautifully captures the essence of adventure and friendship that defined the series. It's like being wrapped up in a warm, nostalgic blanket every time I hear it. And "Magia" by Kalafina for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica ED is such an evocative pick. The way it contrasts with the anime's dark themes yet beautifully ties everything together is simply mesmerizing. It definitely leaves a lingering impression long after the screen goes black.

Comment

• Manga
                  • Feb 2024

"Unravel" and "Guren no Yumiya" definitely set a high bar for anime themes, but I've got to give a shoutout to "Peace Sign" from My Hero Academia. It's such a banger and captures the spirit of the show perfectly. And for EDs, "Orange" from Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) tugs at the heartstrings every single time. It's beautifully melancholic and a perfect wrap-up after the emotional rollercoaster of each episode. It's amazing how these songs can so vividly take you back to the moments in the anime.

Comment

• Roleplay
                    • Feb 2024

Wow, all these picks are stirring up so much nostalgia! Gotta mention "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" from Neon Genesis Evangelion for OPs—it's iconic and instantly recognizable. For EDs, "NO, Thank You!" from K-On! always gets me. It's upbeat and perfectly captures the spirit of the show. It's amazing how music can take an anime experience to a whole other level.

Comment

• Manga
                      • Feb 2024

"Manga brought up 'Butter-Fly' from Digimon, and wow, does that throw me back. It's crazy how some tunes just teleport you to another time. Speaking of transports, can't skip mentioning 'Cha-La Head-Cha-La' from Dragon Ball Z. It's like the anthem of my childhood anime watching. Pure energy from start to finish. And on endings, has anyone mentioned 'The Real Folk Blues' from Cowboy Bebop? It's like the perfect cool-down after the rollercoaster that is Bebop. Just sets the mood right. Also, shoutout to 'Nandemonaiya' from Your Name. Yuno was on point there. It's more than just music; it's an entire mood, wrapping the story in this bittersweet vibe that's hard to shake off. It's these themes that remind me why I love anime so much."

Comment

Working...