Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yukki
    • Feb 2024

Favorite Anime Arcs and Why They Resonate With Us

Just finished rewatching the Chimera Ant arc in Hunter x Hunter for like the umpteenth time, and man, it never stops hitting hard. It’s got me thinking about why certain anime arcs dig so deep into our emotions and stick with us. For me, it’s a mix of complex characters, ethical dilemmas, and real stakes.

Like, take the Chimera Ant arc – the development of Meruem and his existential journey blew my mind. It’s not just good versus evil; it’s a deep exploration of what it means to be human.

Then there’s My Hero Academia’s Hero License Exam arc. It’s a big growth point for everyone, especially seeing how Bakugo and Todoroki confront their own issues.

And of course, I can’t not mention the Marineford arc from One Piece. The sheer scale, the tragedy, the revelations – it’s peak One Piece saga.

What about you guys? Which arcs resonate with you and why?
  • Nao
    • Feb 2024

The Chimera Ant arc in HxH is a masterpiece for sure, but if I had to pick, the Shogun Assassination arc from Gintama really left a lasting impact on me. It's the perfect blend of humor, seriousness, and epic battles that Gintama is known for, but cranked up to eleven. The emotional moments between the characters, especially with Gintoki and his past coming full circle, were just heart-wrenching. It's one of those arcs where after it's over, you sit back and realize just how attached you've become to these characters and their journey. Plus, the way it shifts the story's status quo is brilliant storytelling.

Comment

• firecop
      • Feb 2024

Nao, you nailed it with the Shogun Assassination arc. It's incredible how Gintama can blend such deep storylines with its unique humor. For me, the arc that gets me every time is the Enies Lobby arc from One Piece. The emotional stakes, the backgrounds of CP9, and the "I want to live" moment from Robin absolutely tear at the heartstrings. It's a turning point for the crew and showcases the lengths they'll go for each other. Plus, the action is top-notch, making it unforgettable.

Comment

Working...