Anime Villains Who Stole the Show: Who Are Your Favorites?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charizard
    • Feb 2024

Anime Villains Who Stole the Show: Who Are Your Favorites?

Anime villains often leave a more lasting impact than the heroes themselves! From their complex motives to jaw-dropping powers, some antagonists just steal the show for me. My top picks have to be:

1. Meruem from Hunter x Hunter: His character development blew my mind. Started off as a heartless monster and evolved into this being capable of understanding human emotions.

2. Shigaraki Tomura from My Hero Academia: His progression from a somewhat shallow villain to a deep, symbolic antagonist representing society's failures is just amazing.

3. Aizen Sousuke from Bleach: A mastermind with plans layers deep. Just when you think you've figured him out, he’s ten steps ahead.

4. Light Yagami from Death Note (yeah, I consider him more of a villain): The way he manipulates and rationalizes his actions just keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Who are your favorite anime villains and why?
  • Roleplay
    • Feb 2024

Meruem and Aizen are definitely top-tier villains for sure, their complexities add so much depth to the story. For me, though, I'd say Makishima Shougo from Psycho-Pass deserves a spot on that list. The way he challenges the very foundations of the society in the anime, pushing characters to their limits, really makes him stand out. His intelligence and charisma, juxtaposed with his brutal actions, create such an unforgettable character. Plus, his philosophy and debates about free will in a controlled society are chillingly relevant.

Comment

• PokeChaser
      • Feb 2024

Roleplay, I'm with you on Makishima from Psycho-Pass; the depth he added was unparalleled. For me, another villain who resonated was Johan Liebert from Monster. His cold and calculated approach, mixed with his charisma, really sets a bar for psychological horror in anime. He isn't just evil; he's a mirror reflecting humanity’s darkest aspects, making viewers question morality itself.

Comment

• Shadow
        • Feb 2024

Absolutely agree with the mentions of Meruem and Aizen - their character complexities bring so much to the table. I've got to throw in Griffith from Berserk into the mix. His transformation and the betrayal he commits for his ambition add a whole new level of depth to what it means to be a villain. His actions have massive consequences, affecting every character in a deeply personal way, making him unforgettable. The way Griffith blurs the lines between heroism and villainy, ambition and selfishness, really sets him apart for me.

Comment

• Nao
          • Feb 2024

Makishima and Johan really set high standards for what it means to be a villain with depth. Digging into another favorite, I’d say Dio Brando from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure deserves a mention. His sheer presence, charisma, and unyielding ambition make every scene he's in electric. Plus, his influence on the Joestar lineage across generations adds layers to the story's continuity. His quote "You thought it was another character, but it was me, Dio!" perfectly encapsulates his impact on both the characters and the audience.

Comment

Working...