Anime Series That Got Better With Each Season: Discuss Your Favorites!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PokeChaser
    • Feb 2024

One of the things I've always found fascinating is when an anime series manages to improve with each season, defying the typical pattern of sequels losing steam. It's like the creators really get into the groove of the story and characters, and everything from animation to plot just keeps getting better.

I’d say Attack on Titan is a prime example. The way it evolved from a thrilling, somewhat straightforward tale of humanity vs titans to a complex narrative exploring war, morality, and freedom was mind-blowing. Each season added layers of depth to both the story and characters, making it impossible not to binge through.

Another series that really took its time to mature and ended up outdoing itself with each new season is **My Hero Academia**. It started off great but grew into this expansive universe with seriously high stakes, deep character development, and battles that somehow manage to outdo the last in both scale and emotion.

And though it might be a bit controversial, I think Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World** belongs on this list too. The psychological depth and emotional intensity just keep getting ramped up, pushing the boundaries of what I expected from the series.

What about you guys? Which anime series do you think got better with each season? Would love to hear your thoughts and maybe find some new shows to get into!
  • charizard
    • Feb 2024

Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia are solid picks! For me, Hunter x Hunter also shines in this aspect. Each arc builds wonderfully on the last, especially the Chimera Ant arc, which is an absolute masterpiece in terms of character development and narrative depth. Its ability to constantly evolve and surprise viewers is unmatched.

Comment

• Yukki
      • Feb 2024

Absolutely on point with Hunter x Hunter. Each arc feels like a new and deeper dive not just into the world but the characters themselves, showing facets we didn't even know existed. Gotta add: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to the mix. It's rare to find a series that keeps upping its game with every episode, blending emotional storytelling with some of the best action sequences anime has to offer. Brotherhood just nails the pacing and the emotional payoff in ways that leave most other series in the dust.

Comment

Working...