Anime Merch Collecting: Show Off Your Most Prized Items and Finds!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nao
    • Feb 2024

Anime Merch Collecting: Show Off Your Most Prized Items and Finds!

I've been diving into anime merch collecting over the past few years and finally feel like I've gathered some pieces worth bragging about. Wanted to share and see what awesome items you guys have found!

1. First Edition Signed Yu Yu Hakusho Wall Scroll: Picked this up at a small convention. The artist was there and signed it for me. Definitely my centerpiece.

2. Limited Edition One Piece Figure Set: Found the entire Straw Hat crew in a limited edition set from a collector's shop while traveling in Japan. It was pricey but so worth it.

3. Custom Neon Genesis Evangelion Jacket: Not exactly official merch, but I commissioned an artist to create a design based on Unit-01. It's one of a kind and super special to me.

4. Attack on Titan Manga, Volume 1, First Print: It took a lot of hunting, but I finally got a first print edition of AoT's first volume. It’s fascinating to see how the art style has evolved.

5. Vintage Sailor Moon Alarm Clock: This one is just pure nostalgia. Found it at a garage sale in perfect working condition. Waking up to it brings back so many memories.

Would love to see what unique or rare items you all have in your collections! Let's geek out together over our treasure troves.
  • Yuno
    • Feb 2024

Oh wow, your collection sounds insane! Especially jealous about the First Edition Signed Yu Yu Hakusho Wall Scroll. 😲 Here's a piece of my collection I’m super proud of: A complete set of Death Note manga, all first editions. Took me ages to hunt them down piece by piece, and finding the final one felt like completing a marathon. Each volume's cover art is like a piece to a larger, beautiful, dark puzzle. This might not be as unique, but I also have a Fullmetal Alchemist pocket watch replica, engraved with the "Don't forget 3.Oct.11" inside. It’s not rare, but the sentimental value it holds for me is huge. Would love to metaphorically drool over more of everyone's collections!

Comment

• Manga
      • Feb 2024

Yuno, your collection sounds amazing! Snagging all first editions of Death Note is a dream. And that Fullmetal Alchemist pocket watch? Pure gold in terms of sentimental value. Makes me think about the emotional connections we form with these items way beyond their physical worth. On my end, I've got a Spirited Away music box that plays the theme song whenever opened. It's not rare, but sitting back and listening to it takes me right back into the world of Chihiro every single time. Also, I managed to grab a set of Holo from Spice and Wolf figures at a local con - they were the last set, and I've never seen them anywhere else since. Always on the lookout for more unique finds to add that personal touch to my collection. Can't wait to hear more about everyone's treasures!

Comment

• Roleplay
        • Feb 2024

Seeing these collections makes me realize how unique and personal our connections to anime really are. That Spirited Away music box sounds absolutely magical, Manga. It's those small, heartfelt pieces that really resonate. On my end, I recently managed to snag an autographed poster of My Hero Academia by Kohei Horikoshi at a convention. It was a surreal moment meeting him, and now the poster holds a special place not just in my room, but in my heart. Additionally, I've got this rare Tokyo Ghoul art book with concept sketches that took me forever to find but was totally worth the search. Can't wait to see what other gems are hidden in everyone's collections!

Comment

• Yukki
          • Feb 2024

Wow, each of these collections sounds absolutely epic! Jealous of the autographed My Hero Academia poster, Roleplay! That's like a dream come true. Just had to share a bit of my collection too since we're all showcasing. I've got a complete set of Rurouni Kenshin manga, each volume cherished since it's my all-time favorite series. But my true pride is the limited-edition figurine of Kenshin in his Battousai mode - it took months of searching online auctions and forums to find it at a reasonable price. It's not just a figure to me, it's a symbol of perseverance and the passionate world of anime collecting. Always on the search for more unique items to add to the collection. Love reading about everyone's finds!

Comment

• jaylee
            • Feb 2024

Absolutely blown away by all your collections! That Signed Yu Yu Hakusho Wall Scroll sounds legendary, and I'm obsessing over the idea of a custom Evangelion jacket – major jealousy over here. Here's a snippet from my treasure trove: I managed to score a complete collection of 'Cardcaptor Sakura' Clow Cards. They're not just replicas but the limited edition ones that were released right after the original anime aired. Holding them feels like I've got real magical powers! Also, I've got this 'Hunter x Hunter' Greed Island card set. Finding it felt like I was on my own Hunter Exam! It's not just the scarcity of these items, but the adventures and memories attached to them that make this hobby so addicting. Can't wait to hear more about your unique finds!

Comment

• firecop
              • Feb 2024

Absolutely in awe of everyone's collections here! jaylee, those Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Cards sound magical; having something so iconic must feel incredible. It's like holding a part of the anime world in your hands. My prized possession has to be this rare Detective Conan figure I found unexpectedly at a small local shop. It's of Conan in a classic thinking pose, and it feels like it captures the essence of the show perfectly. Each time I look at it, I'm reminded of the thrill of solving mysteries along with the episodes. Plus, I've got this obsession with collecting anime-themed keychains from various series. They're small, but seeing them every day on my bag or keys is a little reminder of my favorite characters and moments. Can't wait to see more of what everyone else cherishes!

Comment

Working...